We are searching for a Support Technician to work with a large Government agency located in St Tammany Parish. Must be a Full Time Resident of St Tammany Parish.
Compensation & Benefits:
$15 per hour to start
100% paid health insurance by employer
14 paid holidays
Career growth opportunities
Application support technician is the first level customer service and support. This position will field phone calls, emails and tickets to provide triage and technical assistance for all business application software including Windows, MS Office 365 and related computer applications.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking assistance
· Responsible for resolving related end-user support issues with systems, software, on-line access for internal and external user in a timely and professional manner.
· Assist with support and maintenance of all department web sites and visitor management platforms.
· Ongoing collaboration with the extended IT support team to assist External Customers, Directors, Users, Vendors, Services Providers, Courts, District Attorneys, Sheriff’s office, Parish IT and any other stakeholder to resolve issues to improve business outcomes.
· Responsible for working with the application support team to manage the operational support, maintenance and development activities for all departmental business applications.
· Perform on-site and remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions, determine solutions and implement
· Educate customers through the problem-solving process
· Escalate issues to the next level of support in a timely manner
· Pass on feedback and suggestions from customers to the appropriate internal teams
· Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures
· Protect confidential information
· Follow policies and procedures in place
· Help Desk On-Call rotation for nights, weekends and holidays
· Notify Director immediately of all service outages
· Set up equipment for meetings
· Attend meetings and training as assigned
· Must report to work with proper hygiene each day
· Must report to work with clean, unwrinkled uniform or other approved attire per policy
· Must be reliable
· Must be able to lift 25 pounds
· Proven experience as a Application Support Technician Level 1
· Tech savvy with working knowledge of computer systems, office automation products, databases, networking, remote control, mobile devices, and phone systems
· Ability to listen-engage, actively listen, and reflect without judgment
· Ability to think logically and creatively
· Ability and willingness to effectively communicate
· Ability and willingness to learn from experience, and informal/formal instruction
· Ability to effectively prioritize tasks
· Forward thinker with a demonstrated independent interest in technology
· Positive and optimistic approach
· Practice patience and empathy
· Must be respectful and courteous to all customers, team members, and superiors-even when it is not reciprocated
· Genuine desire to help Customers, internal and external
· Humble attitude about knowledge and limitations
· Must be self-disciplined
· Detail-orientated with dedication and commitment to problem resolution
· Willingness to share knowledge with team members, superiors and customers
· Must speak and act with integrity