San Diego, CA
Seeking a Staff Accountant to join the team ASAP, will be working remotely until mandates are lifted in San Diego.
• Prepare monthly journal entries to record revenue and revenue reserves
• Perform monthly reconciliations of the revenue and reserve accounts
• Prepare monthly revenue reports to highlight trends in volume, ASP and channel shift Daily Cash Management:
• Prepare daily cash receipts totals and month to date summaries for management
• Prepares journal entries for a large volume of monthly bank transactions
• Record journal entry for daily funding of expense reporting through Concur
• Perform monthly bank reconciliation for multiple bank accounts Other Duties:
• Perform monthly reconciliations of assigned general ledger accounts including preparation of journal entries for applicable balance sheet accounts
• Research variances to budget and trend fluctuations to identify errors and/or explain variances to management
• Assist in the preparation and review of the monthly and quarterly financial packages for management
• Perform queries and data downloads in order to compile information for reporting
• Provide necessary audit support relating to assigned accounts and reporting
• Participates in proactively identifying, assessing and implementing prevent and detect controls and participating in compliance with all internal control related requirements
• Applies principles of accounting and maintain the financial records in compliance with US GAAP, Company policies and internal controls
BA/BS degree in Finance/Accounting with 5 or more years of related experience in general ledger maintenance, journal entry preparation, balance sheet reconciliations and knowledge of basic accounting.
Experience with the application of revenue recognition standards under ASC 606 preferred.
Experience with medical reimbursement billing preferred.
Strong skills in Microsoft Excel and Word required.
Experience in diagnostics industry is a plus but not required.
Experience with Great Plains, Management Reporter, and Concur software is desired.