San Diego, CA
Suna Solutions is assisting a mortgage industry client with hiring for this permanent Underwriter.This is a remote position, employee with be provided equipment to work from home and receive training remotely. Pay based on experience. MUST have DE Certification. Please do not apply without this certification.
· High school diploma or equivalent required; college courses/technical training related to Business, Finance/Accounting, Legal, or related field is preferred, along with total recent work experience that includes five or more years underwriting conventional, FHA, VA, or Bond Program loans, and/or five or more years experience underwriting jumbo, or permanent/one-time close loans.
· Direct Endorsement (DE) certification required; must have current certification(s) for any assigned region with state-specific requirements to originate/supervise loans, along with endorsements including Direct, VA, Auto and SAR.
· Expert-level knowledge of overall mortgage lending processes, including underwriting, funding, and loan processing.
· Expert-level knowledge of valid documentation related to the processing consumer mortgage applications (e.g., tax returns, financial statements and records, verification of income and deposits, etc.).
· Expert-level knowledge of underwriting and regulatory requirements; detailed knowledge of federal, state, and regulatory requirements/guidelines related to consumer mortgage lending and internal processes and controls.
· Ability to think critically, including the ability to evaluate facts and data to draw conclusions, and determine the downstream impact of decisions and associated risks.
· Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment; strong sense of urgency and responsiveness.
· Intermediate math skills.
· Review and evaluate loan documents to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance with company standards, federal and agency standards and guidelines, as well as any applicable state-specific and or local regulations, ordinances, etc.
· Analyze customer’s loan-to-value ratio, debt-to-income ratio, credit report, application, income and assets, source(s) of down payment funds, and supporting documentation to identify potential fraud or misrepresentation.
· Review appraisals to ensure that loans meet secondary market, investor, and company standards.
· Work with Loan Processors and Loan Officers on collecting information and documentation necessary to finalize incomplete loan packages.
· Determine if additional documentation or information would aid loan decision; request additional documentation or information accordingly.
· Provide options and recommendations to borrowers regarding suitable loan programs.
· Stay abreast of current regulations and industry trends that affect compliance and decision-making.
· Verify that system input is accurate and that company systems match Automated Underwriting System (AUS).
· Use expertise to answer questions and resolve escalated issues from junior-level teammates.
Perform other duties as assigned.
SUNA Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants, with criminal histories, are considered in a manner that is consistent with local, state and federal laws.