San Diego, CA
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager who will facilitate and manage construction projects from
start to finish with precision and thoroughness, ensuring jobs are completed on schedule and within
budget, working with a firm that values a strong team ethic in every employee.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES MAY INCLUDE:
In the first 30 days and ongoing:
• Learn Construction Management’s business lines, processes and procedures.
• Accurately review and approve GC and vendor invoices.
• Create and send out meeting minutes after team and client meetings.
• Provide insights and properly review change orders to detail scope of work requested, quantities
Within the 3rd month mark and ongoing:
• Display a sense of urgency and attention to details by taking care of job details daily with a
clean inbox to show.
• Partner with client to establish overall project strategy so that the desired occupancy date is
fulfilled. Review and ensure work follows the anticipated project strategy/plan.
• Work with client to identify the appropriate firms to be involved in the project: Create RFPs,
contact firms, evaluate responses and negotiate and finalize contracts with selected vendors.
• Walk each job once per week with GC to inspect the quality of work, to clearly understand and
determine if the job is on schedule. Timely communicate this information to clients and project
• Understand the timing and deliverables and lead team through each phase of the project and
design process. Develop recovery plans and implement when issues arise.
• Contact contractors to negotiate change orders, review submittals and incoming RFIs.
By 6-month mark and ongoing:
• Start to lead and manage projects with minimal oversight.
• Develop and maintain project schedules weekly and actively manage to anticipate areas of
concern and potential risks to ensure that work follows the anticipated strategy.
• Take on more complex projects that require more rigorous permit processes, and more complex
architectural and engineering drawings.
• Lead clients into buying process and generate 50% of salary by bringing in business from
professional contacts/new clients.
• Prepare proposals for potential new work.
• Schedule meetings (breakfasts/lunches) with existing clients or vendors at least twice per week.
9th month mark and ongoing:
• Partner with client to establish overall project budget. Manage and communicate budgets
weekly to client and project team to include: anticipated costs for design, project
management, construction, permitting, furniture, security and other items noted in the project
• By 12th month is completely independent in role, actively managing projects to know the status
of the schedules and budgets of all relevant projects.
• Consistently receive positive feedback and glowing reviews from clients, GCs, and architects
that are unsolicited.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
? 8+ years of experience in a similar niche of the construction industry- required
? 3+ years of senior project management experience- required
? Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Engineering, Architecture or Business
? Has experience working in construction AND in PM roles and running 3-4 complex projects
? Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of construction terminology, documentation and
sequencing, as well as be able to read construction plans, prepare project estimates and
develop project schedules- required
? Understand construction means and methods to a relatively high degree- required
? Possession of a valid CA Driver’s License, good driving history- required
? Proficient with computer skills working with various programs including MS Word, PowerPoint,
Excel and Project, Blue beam, Adobe Acrobat, Google Chrome, Go-to meetings, Zoom
meetings and Cloud environment- required
? Proven working experience with Procore- preferred
? Life science and lab project management experience- preferred
? LEED certification- a plus
SUNA Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants, with criminal histories, are considered in a manner that is consistent with local, state and federal laws.