San Ramon, CA
Evergent Group is seeking an experienced Controller as part of our finance team. This is a permanent need and an in house position we are sourcing on.
The Controller will report directly to the VP of Finance.
This director level role is responsible for leading and mentoring a team of individuals handling financial accounting tasks for the Evergent Group operating companies. Responsibilities encompass driving accurate and timely financial reporting, providing monthly MD&A, and managing the budgeting process. The Controller is a leader within the San Ramon office as well as Evergent who is responsible for fostering a team culture embracing change, continuously delivering in a dynamic environment with competing priorities.
· Ensure all entries are correct and all accounts reconciled
· Analysis of monthly expense and balance sheet fluctuations
· Close books across multiple related companies
· Identify, plan and execute plans for process & system improvements
· Prepare MD&A for management, owners and bank
· Prepare financial statements
· Manage the annual review
· Coordinate with outside tax preparers to ensure all taxes are paid correctly and timely
· Prepare the annual budget and monthly budget to actual analysis
· Work closely with other departments to continuously increase knowledge regarding how the business operates and to provide good financial guidance
· Make suggestions for cost savings, working with other leaders as appropriate to implement
· Lead special projects as needed
· 10+ years of accounting experience including 5+ years of managing accounting functions
· GAAP expert
· Works independently
· Must be hands on
· BS in Accounting
· CPA/CMA strongly preferred
· Staffing, PEO experience strongly preferred
· Experience with People Soft financials preferred
Evergent Group is a set of individual service companies united not only by shared leadership, but also by our common purpose of enabling client success and a focus on exceeding customer expectations.
Our sole focus is on optimizing the workforces and business processes of today’s dynamic, fast-paced businesses. Acting as a trusted ally we go beyond simple staffing, payrolling and recruiting services, delivering customized solutions that fit each individual need and strategy.
SUNA Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants, with criminal histories, are considered in a manner that is consistent with local, state and federal laws.