El Cajon, CA
We are currently looking for a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer to work in the El Cajon area for a manufacturing company. In this role you will work with sales, engineering and manufacturing personnel to develop processes, testing, and analysis to ensure that quality levels are maintained or improved. If you have previous managerial experience working in QA, then we are looking for you to join the team!
· Establish and provide written procedures for quality assurance systems. Review and provide recommendations to the Quality Assurance programs.
· Maintain Quality Assurance Manuals and various quality procedures.
· Perform quality assurance audits and surveillance in-house and at supplier’s facilities. Administer the audit system and establish audit procedures and checklists.
· Proven ability to apply APQP in an industrial setting (including FMEA & PPAP processes)
· Participate in the review and disposition of nonconforming materials
· Drive preventive actions and application of mistake-proofing into production and quality processes
· Review procedures, purchase orders, drawings, manufacturing travelers, process data, specifications, supplier documents, certifications and reports for adequacy and completeness for implementation and release.
· Review requests for quotes from customers and assists in developing responses.
· Participate in technical, quality and commercial meetings with customer and suppliers.
· Promote and pursue process improvement to yield six sigma levels of product quality. Participate and lead six sigma Process Improvement Teams.
· Other duties as assigned
· Knowledge AS9100/ISO13485 including auditing experience
· Experience with Mintab (preferred) or other statistical software
· Knowledge of various materials (e.g. Titanium, Stainless, and other metals.)
· Bachelors degree in Engineering or related field
· 5 plus years of quality engineering experience in the manufacturing industry
· Ability to travel to other locations (30%)