Must have at least 3 years of CNC Programming experience to be considered for the position.
This position is in Sylmar, CA.
The primary responsibility of a CNC Programmer is to program 3, 4, and 5-axis milling, mill-turn & lathe machines. Develop fixturing and tooling needs for new and existing projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Provide programming and program proofing for 3, 4 & 5 axis vertical or horizontal milling machines, lathes as well as mill-turns
2. Design and build jigs and fixtures as determined by engineering, quality or production
3. Set up a mill or lathe machine by following setup instruction with little supervision, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers & offsets
4. Handles multiple CNC Program Projects and provides technical solutions
5. Writes new programs and modifies existing programs to improve processes
6. Works with Business Development unit to ensure accurate quoting of projects
7. Strong math skills, basic geometry and trigonometry
8. Must be proficient using basic measuring & alignment equipment, calipers, dial indicators, micrometers, edge finder, height gage
9. Ability to use the gages to check part dimensions to customer specifications
10. Responsible for good housekeeping practices
11. Perform other duties as may be periodically assigned
12. Ability to understand and hand write G-Code CNC machine language
Maintain a safe environment by adhering to all company safety procedures and regulations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Minimum of 7 to 10 years CNC programming
2. Good communication, writing skills
3. Ability read blue prints
4. Minimum of 7 to 10 years using CAD / CAM software, MasterCam highly preferred
5. Experience on Mikino machinery a plus