San Jose, CA
Sr. AP Accountant or Supervisor.
Ideally, someone with in-depth hands on working experience and also having some supervisory experience will be greatly helpful.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Process high volume of accounts payable data entry with verifications and GL coding, maintain the profiles of vendors in the accounting system
• Process high volume PO and non-PO related vendor invoices in SAP. Review and match PO, packing slips and vendor invoices before making payment to vendor
• Coordinate and resolve discrepancies with vendors, buyers and receiving departments
• Ensure that vendor invoices are processed timely, accurately and are properly entered into the accounting system
• Ensure sales and use taxes are booked on applicable invoices
• Create and process debit and credit memo as needed
• Audit and process employees’ expense reports
• Cash outflow forecast and check runs, analyze expense by department, location, and category
• Prepare monthly vendor aging statement reconciliation and provide proper documentation for reconciling items.
• Review AP staff batches to ensure accurate GL account coding and compliance to company purchase policy.
• Assist in month End closing by preparing G/L journal entries, accrue expenses, inventory in transit, etc.
• Proactive in identifying ways for efficiency and other improvements in the accounts payable process flow of information
• B.S. or B.A. in accounting or accounting related field is strongly preferred
• 5 or more years’ experience in AP and/or accounting related field with two or three years of supervisory experience, prior experience in publicly traded companies in OEM or manufacturing industry is desirable
• Strong experience in reviewing AP batches to ensure accuracy of GL accounts and cost center coding.
• Solid understanding and working experience of all major Incoterms
• Strong understanding of Accounts Payable ERP workflow for PO receipt, invoicing and RMA return
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and attention to detail, strong organizational skills with ability to multi-task under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• Must be self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision
• Knowledge of general accounting principles
• Proficient in SAP, Microsoft Excel, the skills including pivot tables and Vlookups