Are you looking for a weekday Machinist position in a family atmosphere and friendly environment? Do you have great attention to detail and do you enjoy and excel in mathematics such as Algebra and Trigonometry? Would a $1,200 relocation reimbursement help you to move to the Wausau area for this amazing career? SEEK Careers/Staffing is presently interviewing for CNC Machinists in a custom machine shop in Merrill.
POSITION – CNC Machinist
JOB LOCATION – Merrill, Wisconsin
STARTING DATE – Immediate
EMPLOYMENT TERM – Direct Hire
EMPLOYMENT TYPE – Full-time
WORK HOURS (SHIFT) – 1st Shift (7:00am-3:30pm, Mon-Fri), 2nd Shift (3:30pm-1:30am, Mon-Thurs)
STARTING PAY – $18.00-$25.00/hr
BENEFITS – Vacation Pay, Sick/Personal Leave, Holiday Pay, Health Insurance, 401k, PPE Reimbursement
REQUIRED EDUCATION – HS Diploma or equivalent required, Technical Diploma or Certificate preferred
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE – Minimum 2 years welding experience preferred
While working as a CNC Machinist for this family-owned company, you will be setting up and operating CNC equipment including quality checks and programming machines.
1. Set up and operate CNC equipment
2. Configure CNC equipment, produce parts and run quality checks to ensure accuracy
3. Verify settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces
4. Read micrometers and all measuring equipment
5. Program edits into the CNC machine as necessary
6. Review work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials and specifications
7. Be able to hit-the-ground running with your acquired work experience as a CNC Machinist and hit set cycle time targets
8. Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and read technical publications
9. Program equipment by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches
1. Strong Oral Communication Skills
a. Has the ability to communicate with coworkers about jobs they might be sharing, talk to supervisors/management about needs in shop.
2. Problem solving skills
a. Has the ability to look at jobs, prints, layout, etc and figure out what to do.
3. Attention to detail
a. Willing to come in 5-10 minutes early/stay 5-10 minutes late(depending on shift) to COMMUNICATE with the other shift and personnel.
5. Blueprint reading (knowing the difference between 1st and 3rd angle projections)
6. Math (Trigonometry, Algebra a plus)
7. Computer skills
8. Reading and writing skills. Must be able to communicate what needs to be done in written form.
9. Clean work area.
a. A person who can continue to be productive and start jobs according to shop schedule without supervisor telling them what to do.
11. Pride Has pride in themselves and wants to manufacture a quality product
12. CNC programming Must know G code and/or Heidenhain conversational
If interested, please send us a copy of your resume to email@example.com or call at 715-849-3434 to set up an interview. You are always welcome to apply online anytime at www.seekcareers.com. Feel free to TEXT us to discuss this or other job openings at 715-849-3434.
Keywords: CNC, Machinist, Machining, Custom, G Code, Heidenhain, Conversational
About SEEK Careers/Staffing
You are a person with unique skills, experience and education. When you want to be heard and when you want to be matched with great career opportunities that are right for you, you can count on SEEK Careers/Staffing, Inc. Since 1971, our professional staffing consultants have been Servicing Your Success®. You’ll find that the process is thorough and that your experience is personalized.
SEEK Careers/Staffing is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, genetic, military status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
ASK ABOUT OUR $250 REFERRAL BONUS PROGRAM!