This position reports directly to the Logistics Manager and under general direction will be responsible for scheduling and dispatching carrier loads
by coordinating, planning and assigning quoted shipments to specific contract carriers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the safe, timely and professional passage of shipments from shipper to consignee by assigning contracted carriers chosen by Logistics Manager
- Responsible in following Carrier Routing and Load Tendering Instructions for every truckload shipment (FTL) processed. May handle less then truck load (LTL) shipments but will be handled as “needed basis” through direction of Logistics Manager.
- Broker Dispatch “he/she” will have direct contact with carrier dispatch, drivers this may include customer care to answer shipment inquiries and communicate shipment status. All issues are first reported to Logistics Management prior to disclosing info.
- Confirms and/or processes orders and bills of lading with corresponding information and rates provided by Logistics Manager.
- In the absence of Manager Broker Dispatch will use best judgment to comply last minute request for shipments. Will manage as “need basis”
- Will scan, file, and log daily all paperwork. Will maintain logs and records by day, week, month and year for brokerage purposes
- Will e-mail and fax all paperwork to command center/ back office to properly pay carriers on time and invoice shipper of loads.
- Provides timely communication to customers and personnel on all aspects of shipment status
- Acts as point of contact for carriers dispatch departments (provides customer service and load details including schedule carrier pick-ups)
- Documentation of daily shipments with a log of time of arrival, time of load and time of shipping.
- Create, update and close out all entries in the transportation management system.
- TruckMate, PC miler, and any Transportation Management System is preferred
- Must be able to follow written instruction, write clearly, and communicate well at all level. Knowledge with Forwarding, Brokerage, and a 3PL environment preferred
- Troubleshoot issues that may arise during shipment while communicating with Mgr.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent, required.
- Some college preferred.
- Above average math comprehension.
- Attention to detail
- Brokerage, Freight Forwarder, 3PL Training preferred
- Must have 2 years of experience related to Traffic Management.
- 1 year prior experience brokering freight, with a current customer base, desired.
- Must have a working knowledge of DOT regulations pertaining to brokering, shipping and receiving freight.
- Must have complete knowledge of transportation documentation
- Requires proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, and related applications.
- Must have strong analytical skills, including the ability to extract, compile and analyze data.
- Experience with transportation management software desired.
- Must be able to interact with all levels of management and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lifting up to 10lbs
- Sitting at a computer for long periods of time
- Climbing stairs
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in a Distribution Center environment with a variation of temperatures.
For More Information...
Visit: 422 W Mondamin St. Minooka, IL 60447