Job Purpose: Under direction of the Maintenance GM, supervises and assigns the work of maintenance employees in the general maintenance and upkeep of buildings, grounds, and equipment. Supervise the day-to-day activities of the maintenance employees. Responsible for maintaining electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and related systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure housekeeping and cleanliness of all work areas. Ensure products are placed in the proper receptacles. Ensure dock areas, outside dock areas, aisles, break areas, bathrooms and shipping offices are organized, clean, free of debris, and in good working condition.
-Determine material, equipment, and supplies to be used. Transfer equipment and personnel from one project to another as necessary. ? Make periodic inspections of assigned facilities to determine condition; diagnose problems and initiate necessary actions.
-Plan and schedule routine maintenance. Establish work priorities.
- Maintain equipment and materials; perform complex repair and maintenance tasks.
-Supervise staff of skilled and semi-skilled workers in maintenance such as, painting, carpentry, plumbing, heating, air-conditioning, electrical and related systems.
-Inspect work for completeness.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Eighteen months of education and training beyond high school level in general maintenance and repair, or a closely related area.
- Two years experience in general maintenance or other maintenance responsibilities that would include the ability to recognize electrical, plumbing, and mechanical malfunctions or equipment failures.
- Must have ammonia experience