Job Description Summary
Using established cleaning procedures, chemicals, tools and techniques, maintains sanitary conditions in the processing plant ensuring bacteria and housekeeping are at acceptable levels.
Always Maintains safe work practices and participates in safety programs.
• Performs cleaning with the use of high pressure hoses (air and hot water), tools such as scratch pads, brushes, sponges, squeegees, paper towels, shovels, brooms, buckets, wheel barrows, carts, ladders, garbage cans, pallet jacks, flashlights, telephones and cleaning agents.
• Operates all machinery safely in the assigned cleaning area using lock-outs when necessary.
• Removes static product, foreign material, and product buildup from equipment or areas which the team leader assigned by hand scrubbing, chemical foaming, shoveling, scraping, rinsing and sweeping.
• Properly mixes and uses potentially hazardous chemicals to clean and sanitize.
• Operates pallet jacks for rock and product tote removal in receiving.
• Paints machinery, walls, etc. as directed.
• Must be able to meet or exceed all prerequisite and performance standards of the Sanitation Laborer position and work any and all areas of the plant.
• Participates in AMD drumbeats and other continuous improvement activities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand.
• The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms.
• The employee is occasionally required to climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, as well as talk and hear.
• The employee must be able to work any or all areas of the plant.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to slippery, wet and/or humid conditions and toxic or hazardous chemicals.
• The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and tight confined spaces.
• The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts, in high places, and is exposed to extreme heat and cold.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English.
• Ability to write accurate information on simple forms in English.
• Ability to effectively present or listen to information in one on one and small group situations with all other employees of the organization in English.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions like chemical usages.
• Ability to deal with problems involving safety and sanitary issues etc.