The Lab Technician with general direction shall perform routine laboratory and administrative duties, assist other lab members professionally and respectfully, keep accurate and legible records, have the ability to prioritize work assignments effectively, in addition to reviewing work for quality and completeness.
The Lab Technician will also safely operate testing equipment involving potential chemical and temperature hazards, accurately identify and restock lab supplies to maintain a current lab supply and inventory rotation, prepare samples, media and solutions for testing, high acceptance of performing other related duties and projects as assigned.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
• Operate, calibrate, and maintain laboratory equipment to include Foss FTIR, Brix, pH meter, EQA, CEM, scales, and pipettes.
• Perform organoleptic testing on required product samples including fresh and at code products.
• Perform accurate physiochemical and microbiological preparation, testing, counting and examinations of raw materials, in process products, and finished goods.
• Approve release of in process and finished products including "first off" testing, while verifying adherence to stated specification.
• Record and enters data, creates COA's, and other reports, promptly and accurately.
• Maintain various production, raw material, testing, and quality control records in an organized manner.
• Report and take necessary action to prevent food safety and food quality issues from occurring.
• Perform pre-operational checks and sanitation inspections in adherence to filler release procedure.
• Perform environmental swabbing, line checks, allergen tests, special projects, and any other duties as assigned.
• Apply proper aseptic sample collection, transport, storage testing, and disposal.
• Follow all company Safety Policies, Good Lab Practices, Good Manufacturing Practices, and Standard Operating Procedures.
• Proficient in the use of standard computer software, i.e. Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of US customary units and metric system including weights and measures.
• Bachelor's Degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Biology or related field or 2 years experience.