The Plus Group is searching for a Refrigeration Tech that is looking to advance in their career with a company that growing and shown sustainability during these trying times. Apply today and lets help you excel in your career today!
· Have completed one or more years of related technical classes in vocational college or have appropriate and relative experience.
· Have some knowledge of electric AC/DC power and controls to provide support in line installation and repair. Be able to change and install motors.
· Have knowledge and some experience in welding using MIG wire feed and TIG heliarc technologies, and able to use a cutting and plasma torch.
· Be able to use appropriate mathematics to assist in maintenance related actions.
· Be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
· Possess necessary hand tools.
· Demonstrate skill, initiative, and judgment to make and accept responsibility for minor decisions.
· Develop the confidence of other mechanics, employees, and supervisors in terms of being cooperative, following plant regulations, sanitation, and safety procedures while demonstrating pride in ones work and place of employment.
· Assist in the installation, overhaul, operation, and preventative maintenance on plant equipment to insure efficient operation without direct or constant supervision and with minimum downtime. This includes, but is not limited to conveyor/shaker systems, corn/pea/lima bean processing equipment, blanchers, palletizers, air cleaners, pumps, filters, air/hydraulic systems, case sealers, etc.
· Assist in setting up production lines and change over lines as required to help daily production run efficiently.
· Perform a variety of minor building and grounds maintenance activities.
· Be able to begin to detect defects in equipment before major breakdowns occur.
· Complete training programs, on new and existing equipment, and/or technology as required maintaining “C” maintenance mechanic status, and preparing for “B” maintenance mechanic status.
· Safely and effectively operate basic shop power tools, i.e.: drill press, grinders, etc. Perform elementary sheet metal fabrication.
· Assist in precision work such as aligning sprockets and pulleys, and setting up or modifying equipment.
· Maintain work areas in a neat, orderly and safe environment.
· Perform other tasks as required by lead personnel or the supervisor within the expectations of efficient plant operations and the ability and skill level of a maintenance mechanic “C”.
· Operate a lift truck.
· Be aware of all safety rules/procedures and be willing to follow them.
We care about your total well-being and will support you with the following, subject to your location and role:
· Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid life, accident and disability insurance
· Wealth: great salaries, matching 401(k) and stock purchase plan
· Growth: online courses, virtual and classroom development experiences
· Balance: paid-time off , flexible work-schedules