The Plus Group is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst who will provide the higher level ad hoc budget and analysis reports required by outside and internal users. Under general supervision, performs complex budgeting and accounting functions; conducts financial, statistical, and analytical studies; prepares and assists in the preparation of financial reports and statements; performs related duties as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Demonstrates effective communication and problem solving skills.
· Research and resolve Business Unit(s) inquiries for assigned functional areas.
· Routine communication with Supervisors relating to financial close, issues and deliverables.
· Research and prepare variance analysis and explanations.
· Responsible for the preparation and analysis of the period managements reporting of financial results for assigned functional areas.
· Prepare all Financial Reporting requirements package.
· Prepare reporting packages: PPS, Cost, UDS, Oshpd, Tax, EHB.
· Responsible for performing special projects to improve process efficiency and performance.
· General accepted accounting principles and procedures.
· Principles and techniques of budget preparation, administration, statistical methods, technical writing and related record keeping.
· Proficient in using Microsoft Excel
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or 2-5 years hands-on accounting experience (preferably in healthcare setting)