Temp to Hire Opportunity for our client who is recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the "100 Best Places to Work" and "Top 30 Companies to Retire From". They have just been awarded a huge project, join the team and grow your career!
The Building Tech III (senior level) provides guidance and training to other Building Technicians. Operates, monitors and maintains utilities, including HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) setup, maintenance and balancing, WFI (water for injection), purified water and process equipment. Maintains, troubleshoots and repairs facilities mechanical components and electrical equipment and systems in accordance with SOPs (standard operating procedures), internal requirements, manufacturer's specifications and safety policies. Develops, maintains and secures a spare parts inventory of basic maintenance hand and power tools. Recommends purchase of maintenance tools, equipment and supplies as required to streamline processes and increase efficiency. Assists engineers in developing methods and procedures to control or improve facilities processes.
Established in 1946, our client has developed into one of America's premier Mechanical Construction and Facility Services companies serving clients through the full life-cycle of a facility, to include engineering, construction, operations and maintenance. For 70 years, our employee-owned company has provided innovative services that optimize the performance of world-class mechanical and electrical systems that serve healthcare facilities, hotels, schools, sports arenas, mission critical facilities and industrial complexes and other essential institutions.
Our employees, whom we call “Partners” are the heart of our success and what sets us apart from our competitors. FORTUNE Magazine recognized our client as one of the "100 Best Places to Work", "Top 50 Training Organizations" and "Top 30 Companies to Retire From" due to our solid commitment to the personal and professional development of each employee.
- Performs planned maintenance, repairs, modifications and general facility maintenance tasks in the areas of painting, patching, fixtures, caulking, carpentry, etc. Completes major repairs and in-depth planned maintenance in a primary area of facilities operations and maintenance as well as other facility maintenance services as may be assigned.
- Provides guidance and training to other Building Technicians as needed.
- Responds to Facility Service Work Orders from building occupants. Requests may include plumbing, HVAC, lighting, roofing and electrical service calls. Diagnoses building management/energy management systems for faults and errors.
- Troubleshoots fire/life/safety, security and other building infrastructures.
- Observes and complies with all company safety policies. Uses required personal protective equipment while satisfying all work requests. Follows all established corporate and customer safety policies and ensures crew does the same.
- Assists other technicians in the maintenance and repair of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and lighting systems. Interprets blueprints and schematic drawings.
- Completes all required paperwork timely and accurately. Takes readings from nominal equipment and makes timely entry into appropriate logs. Takes and logs readings from critical equipment and takes appropriate corrective actions before system outage occur.
- Uses tools and equipment that are standard issue and do not need further calibration or adjustment. Keeps tools and work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
- Works on and completes all facility team-based goals. Identifies opportunities for process/system improvements and implements them as they are approved.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Technical degree in related field is preferred.
- Current universal refrigeration license and /or other trade licenses as required.
- 5-7 years of experience.
- Principles of carpentry, plumbing, painting, and electrical work.
- Principles of heating, ventilation and cooling systems.
- Manual dexterity and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work effectively under stress, and meet short deadlines.
- Must have a professional demeanor, positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Good communication skills (oral and written).
- Must be punctual and dependable.
- Must have basic computer skills
Pay is based on experience