Favorites ()

Recent Searches


Invasive Species Field Worker


Order: 136497

Do you have a passion for the natural environment, and maintaining our natural ecosystems? Want a job where you can be outdoors and stay active? We have a great opportunity for you! Work with the county and some great experience.

LOCATION: Vancouver, WA

SALARY: $19.01, increases to $20.01 Hourly after licensing

SCHEDULE:  Mon-Fri with every other Friday off, 7 am-4:30pm, Temp about 6 months

INDUSTRY: Construction, Manufacturing, Engineering, Non-profit, etc.  


Responsibilities include assisting with inspection of county public and private lands to detect noxious weed infestations and provide control of those species. Positions include collection, mapping, and maintaining data on noxious weed infestations using GPS, iPad with ArcGIS Field Maps, and a combination of herbicide application. Employees will be working in all weather conditions. These positions involve working outdoors with potential exposure to herbicides, pollen, insects, water and bees.


  • Assist in survey and control of noxious weeds and ensure compliance with State regulations.

  • Prepare reports of noxious weed infestations as identified through inspections.

  • Apply herbicide and operate equipment such as GPS, watercraft, backpack sprayers, ATV and machetes.

  • Perform related duties as assigned by the Noxious Weed Management Field Inspector or Lead.


  • Experience in plant identification desired.

  • Ability to stand and walk for 8-10 hour shifts.

  • Must be able to carry a 40 lb. backpack sprayer of herbicide mix.

  • Must be comfortable working in a remote setting.

  • Possession of a current Washington State Herbicide Applicator's license or the ability to obtain one within thirty days desired.

  • Restoration planting and landscape maintenance experience is helpful.

  • ATV and kayak experience is helpful.

  • Experience with Microsoft office programs/ArcGIS experience is helpful.

  • Ability to successfully pass a drug screen.

  • Must have a valid driver's license, proof of auto insurance, and a clean driving record from the past 3 years.