Fantastic opportunity for a Dentist who is looking to work at the Jails. Dentist needed for the Sacramento County Jail and requires someone who is passionate, motivated and comfortable within this type of environment. Hours: 6:00am - 4:30pm. Shift - SATURDAY'S and SUNDAY'S.
Skills and Must-Haves
The following are the minimum dentist qualifications:
• Current, unencumbered California Dental License.
• Oral evaluations utilizing professional knowledge and comprehensive dental skills.
• Periodontics therapy including oral hygiene instruction, scaling, prophylaxis in order to provide comprehensive dental care to diagnose, treat, and control periodontal disease.
• Oral surgery including 3rd molars extractions to treat dental pathology that presents a threat to inmate's health and well-being.
• Operative dentistry (composite and Fuji filling)
• Endodontic therapy on anterior and premolars to maintain integrity of the dentition using appropriate instrumentation and materials.
• Knowledgeable and comfortable with prescribing medications.
• Poses strong computer knowledge and skills to accurately and efficiently document in the EMR.
• Maintain a clean and secure work areas to promote a safe and secure working environment utilizing tool control procedures.
• Work well within a group setting as well as independently.
• Ability to stand, sit, walk and climb stairs throughout shift.
• Punctuality is expected, and flexibility is appreciated.
Although not required, the following would enhance the desirability of the applicant:
• Experience treating patients with substance abuse.
• Experience with treating jail/prison inmates; or working in a Correctional Facility.
• Experience treating the homeless or medically indigent.
• Ability to communicate effectively in Spanish
Please text us your interest at 916-993-4182. This position is offered through the Sacramento Branch. When applying online, please select the Sacramento Branch for immediate consideration, or call 916-993-4182.
Resource Staffing Group has been a leader in the staffing industry since 1985. We take pride in our competitive wages, multiple branch locations, and attractive benefits. Benefits include: 401(k) retirement plan participation eligibility after one year and 1000 hours - Local weekly pay with electronic access to all timecard and payroll records - Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans available for qualified employees – ask us about our referral bonuses!