MBS Professional Staffing is currently recruiting for a HVAC Foreman
The Foreman supervises a crew of field installers in the installation of HVAC systems, equipment and sheet metal duct work
KY Journeyman License
10 Hour OSHA minimum, 30 hour preferred
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Organizes, supervises, leads and trains employees to complete projects within established guidelines and timeframes
• Properly manages field manpower level on project to accomplish the workload per the schedule
• Manages overall field labor costs through budgeted hours and composite rates. Weekly manpower is forecasted through collaborative communication with Project Manager and Labor Superintendent
• Completes required paperwork in a timely manner including payroll
• Enforces all company and client-required safety policies and procedures
• Complies with all company policies, procedures and safety requirements, including employee discipline and documentation
• Travel to, and work at “out-of-town” job sites as needed
• Requires regular attendance and ability to get along with others
• Thorough knowledge and ability to perform all regular and advanced installation/construction duties, including the following:
o Thorough knowledge of ductwork installation
o Read, interpret, and follow drawings in the construction and assembly of sheet metal products
o Lay out, measure, and mark dimensions and reference lines according to drawings using squares, chalk lines, lasers, tape measures, and scale rulers
o Install rectangular and round ducts by joining them end to end and hanging them with metal hangers secured to building structure
o Weld, bolt, screw, clip, caulk, or bond component parts to assemble products, using hand tools and power tools
o Install assemblies in supportive framework according to drawings, using hand tools, power tools, and lifting and handling devices
o Maneuver completed units/equipment into position for installation, and anchor equipment, air-handling units, and fans
o Must be able to weld and may be required to be certified to weld
o Competent brazing and soldering skills
o Must be able to complete training and testing to be certified to operate job site equipment (Scissor lift, articulating boom lift, rough-terrain forklift, etc.)
o Use various hand tools
o Work from ladders
Supervisor Responsibility: This position directly supervises employees. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education/Experience: High school graduation or equivalent. Completion of company sponsored apprenticeship training program and five years of field experience or equivalent in similar work setting. Minimum 10 years experience as a lead mechanical installer. Two years supervisory experience preferred. Read architectural, structural, electrical, plumbing and HVAC drawings.
Communication Skills/Requirements: Able to communicate with employees and other members of supervision as to work in progress, work completed, and/or work to be preformed in the future. Able to fill out (complete) appropriate paperwork, forms, etc. to document work in progress and/or completion.
Mathematical Ability: Able to perform routine addition, subtraction, multiplication and/or division. Able to read and use various measuring devices.
Reasoning Ability: Able to make significant decisions related to construction projects and employees. Able to understand and carryout the requirements of the position in which employed.
Apply now, if interested.