SAN ANTONIO, TX
*When applying, select branch "San Antonio - Piedras"*
Labor On Demand has immediate opening for Human Resources Generalist I
San Antonio, Texas
2 - 5 year
Amount of Travel Required:
40 hour per week
Rate of Pay:
Advises and implements on all functions of Human Resources to include company policies, procedures, workforce planning, performance management, employee relations, training, investigations, and employee engagement. Develops and advises on company policies. Provides guidance and resources to employees and business area leadership on matters relating to human resources , employee relations, and coaching. Use of personal computing equipment, telephone, multi-functioning printer and calculator. Ability to drive to and from meetings, training sessions or other business related events.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provides advisement to management and employees regarding all functional levels of Human Resources including, but not limited to, HR compliance, employment law practices, benefits and leave administration, safety, and training.
- Investigates EEO and related employee complaints, provides recommendations and facilitates resolutions relating to EEO, Security, Ethics, employee relations, and other assigned concerns.
- Develops, administers, implements, and monitors a variety of human resources functions for assigned business areas.
- Develops, conducts, and facilitates HR training to various levels of management to include company policies, EEO and Anti-Harassment training, leadership training, new employee orientation policy training, HR compliance, and employee engagement.
- Facilitates ADAAA interactive process program while partnering with Occupational Health, Leave team, Legal Services and busin ess area leadership. Insures adherence to federal, state, and local laws.
- Recommends, reviews, and responds to all coaching and corrective action requests, Performance Improvement Plans (PIPs), and termination of employment requests. Insures compliance with policies, procedures, and employment laws.
- Makes determinations on driving compliance to include high risk driving, traffic notifications, expired and suspended licenses.
- Responds to claims for unemployment benefits, participates and prepares for unemployment hearing cases, employee grievances, and EEO responses.
- Maintains activity tracking and necessary written correspondence for employees.
- May assist with assigned special projects.
- May perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources Management, or a related field from an accredited university.
- Previous experience in Employee Relations, Talent Acquisition, Employee Development, Employee Benefits, or, in a related HR role with daily interaction with employees and managers.
- Ability to develop and maintain working relationships with customers and support teams
- Proficiency with MS Office packages and recruiting technologies, to include MS word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Prior experience developing and maintaining an excellent relationship with internal and external customers.
- Experience gathering and analyzing information skillfully
- Ability to effectively manage sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to multi-task various critical work assignments in a fast-paced environment in a professional manner
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills for interaction with all levels of personnel
- Favorable driving record
- Experience engaging and communicating with all levels of organizational leadership and stakeholders .
- Knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) laws.
- Experience with conflict resolution and problem solving.
Soft Skills Required:
- Active listening
- Conflict resolution
- Interpersonal skills
- Time management
Indoor work, operating computer, manual dexterity, talking, hearing, repetitive motion. Use of personal computing equipment, telephone, multi-functioning printer and calculator. Ability to travel to and from meetings, training sessions or other business related events.
Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Vision (near, distance)
- Sense of Sound (answering phone, fire alarms, horns)
Employees of Labor on Demand Inc. are protected by federal laws, Presidential Executive Orders, and other laws designed to protect employees from discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit-based factor. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.
Employees of Labor on Demand Inc. are also protected against retaliation. Consistent with federal laws, acts of retaliation against an employee who engages in a protected activity whistle blowing, or the exercise of any appeal or grievance right provided by law will not be tolerated. Managers and supervisors of Labor on Demand Inc. are also reminded of their responsibility to prevent, document, and promptly correct harassing conduct in the workplace.
*When applying, select branch "San Antonio - Piedras"*