San Antonio, TX
When applying, select branch "San Antonio - Piedras"
Labor On Demand has opening for Engineering Technician - GIS
San Antonio, Texas
Non-Exempt - Contract to Hire
Monday - Friday - 7:45 a to 4:30 p
Rate of Pay:
Under general supervision, is responsible for supporting the user community in the collection and maintenance of GIS data, and in the use of GIS Data Analysis tools and support systems. Implements information support processes. Working conditions are primarily inside an office
environment. Exercises no supervision.
Essential Job Functions
- GIS Solution Development and Testing
- Develops GIS applications to access and analyze city databases
- Develops and analyzes various models produced from relational databases
- Formats and generates various cartographic products for planning or research projects
- Data Design and Extraction: Participates in the collection and evaluation of data
- Reformats digital data
- Identifies, structures, and processes digital and hard copy data for inclusion in the GIS
- Inputs both graphic and textural data for the preparation of a variety of maps
- Performs data input using coordinate geometry, digitizing, file translation, and importation
- Organizes, maintains, and archives computer files, drawings, maps, and files.
- GIS Solution Deployment: Utilizes GIS and associated tools to support departmental business functions through the development of maps, reports, and GIS data analysis. Contributes to required revisions and modifications set by the Department for GIS use as needed
- Plots and prepares legal descriptions.
- Troubleshooting/ Problem Resolution: Contributes to required revisions and modifications to the City Base maps, as needed.
- Data Quality Assurance: Performs quality control of spatial and associated attribute data.
- Strategic Alignment: Response to requests for GIS information retrieval from the public, City Council members, and other City Departments and Divisions.
- Training: Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required.
- Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required.
- Associate's degree from an accredited college or university.
- One (1) year of professional GIS experience.
Work outdoors, but some workers may work indoors. Are often exposed to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable. Are sometimes exposed to very hot or very cold temperatures when working outdoors. Are sometimes exposed to contaminants, such as fumes from paints or sealers. Operating hand tools, machinery, manual dexterity, talking, hearing, repetitive motion.
Labor On Demand, Inc. d.b.a. LOD Staffing is a knowledgeable and passionate employment agency servicing the Austin and San Antonio metropolitan area. For nearly two decades, we have strived to bring the right people together with the right jobs. Whether it is an opportunity for a new career, seasonal work, or a part-time gig to provide extra income, we take extraordinary pride in matching you with a position that satisfies your employment needs. Join our team today and let us help you find your next exciting career opportunity. We look forward to meeting you!
Employees of Labor on Demand Inc. are protected by federal laws, Presidential Executive Orders, and other laws designed to protect employees from discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit-based factor. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.
Employees of Labor on Demand Inc. are also protected against retaliation. Consistent with federal laws, acts of retaliation against an employee who engages in a protected activity whistle blowing, or the exercise of any appeal or grievance right provided by law will not be tolerated. Managers and supervisors of Labor on Demand Inc. are also reminded of their responsibility to prevent, document, and promptly correct harassing conduct in the workplace.