San Antonio, TX
When applying, select branch "San Antonio – Culebra "
Labor On Demand has opening for Painter
Northeast San Antonio, Texas
Non-Exempt - Contract to Hire
Monday - Friday - 7:00 a.m to 4:00 p.m
Rate of Pay:
$16.00 - $24 DOE
Applies various finishes to transformer, including primers or sealers. Prepares, cleans, and tapes all products. Removes old paint coating, if necessary. Mixes colors or oils to obtain desired color or consistency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Employee will paint electrical transformers and/or set up and prepare a transformer for painting.
- Follow instruction and work order process.
- This job will require the individual to tend machines to coat or paint transformers, i.e., a paint booth and paint gun using compressed air
- May operate or tend grinding/sanding tools that remove excess material from surfaces
- Wash or clean transformers to remove impurities
- May tape off and prep units.
- Must wear appropriate PPE (respirator, paint suit, gloves and safety toe shoes).
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience with industrial or automotive paint is preferred. NOT RESIDENTIAL
- Excellent attention to detail
- Show the ability to work under pressure
- Must be able to work in harsh elements of an open shop environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of basic interviewing skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and the general public.
- Ability to perform all the physical requirements of the position, with or without accommodations
Physical and Mental Requirements
Exerting up to 40 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Exerting up to 40 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit, handling, reach outward, reach above shoulder, crawl, squat/Kneel, bend, push and pull frequently. Maintain body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing or crouching on work surface.
- Ability to use upper and lower extremities to move or transport 25 to 50 pounds, including pressing against something to force it in a forward, downward or outward position or drag, haul 25 to 50 pounds
- Ability to bend the body downward and forward by bending spine at waist, and bending legs at knees and moving extremities in any direction
- Ability to withstand physical demands on the body, including being in a stationary and/or standing position most of the day
- Ability to express and exchange ideas by means of the spoken word, including where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly
- Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information
- Vision (near, distance)
- Sense of Sound (answering phone, fire alarms, horns)
Employees of Labor on Demand Inc. are protected by federal laws, Presidential Executive Orders, and other laws designed to protect employees from discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit-based factor. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.
Employees of Labor on Demand Inc. are also protected against retaliation. Consistent with federal laws, acts of retaliation against an employee who engages in a protected activity whistle blowing, or the exercise of any appeal or grievance right provided by law will not be tolerated. Managers and supervisors of Labor on Demand Inc. are also reminded of their responsibility to prevent, document, and promptly correct harassing conduct in the workplace.
When applying, select branch "San Antonio – Culebra"