San Antonio, TX
*When applying, select branch "San Antonio - Piedras"*
Labor On Demand has opening for Customer Service Representative
San Antonio, Texas
Amount of Travel Required:
40 hours a week
Rate of Pay:
The Customer Service Representative performs work of average difficulty in assisting and directing calls with a high level of accuracy to ensure optimum performance and services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The position duties and responsibilities listed below describe the general nature and scope of work. Other responsibilities, duties, and skills may be required and assigned, as needed. These essential functions require presence in the workplace on a regular basis and regular attendance must be maintained.
- Provides accurate information regarding program information to participants, co-workers, supervisors and the general public.
- Promotes the best interest of the using the tools of reasonableness, fairness and compassion with a client and employee focus.
Identifies and assesses client’s concern and provides assistance through detailed and clear explanation.
- Resolves customer issues by demonstrating the ability to assist dissatisfied or frustrated callers through patience, compassion and understanding, while remaining professional and maintaining composure.
- Executes File Room duties including receiving files, retrieving files, updating files and maintain records.
- Receives and distributes incoming mail and documentation to proper personnel.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service to all internal and external customers at all times.
- Refers calls and e-mails to the proper personnel.
- Retrieves and updates information from computer systems.
- Monitors the queue in the Assisted Housing Programs lobby and uses independent judgment to resolve waiting issues.
- Assists in the preparation and maintenance of data and documents on services in the call center.
- Performs as a team player by interacting and communicating in a cooperative and respectful manner to achieve common goals and objectives, including fostering feedback and embracing the entire teambuilding process.
- Maintains a work area that is neat and safe, positive and productive.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- One (1) year of inbound call center experience, or two (2) years customer service experience required.
- Must have the ability to learn and use cloud applications such as Google GSuite applications to include but not limited to: Google Chrome Browser, Gmail, Drive, Calendar, Docs, Sheets and Slides. Understanding document sharing and collaboration in the cloud. Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office 365, cloud accessible applications to include but not limited to: One drive, Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint or MAC or PC desktop equivalent is acceptable.
- Successful completion of a criminal history background check, education, and work history verification, and drug screening test.
- Associate’s Degree
- Three (3) years of inbound call center experience, or four (4) years customer service experience of related experience
- Bilingual speaker and writer in English and Spanish
- Ability to learn cloud technologies such as LucidChart for diagram , workflow and chart drawing. Experience with Vizio or equivalent is acceptable. Basic understanding of Virtual Private Network (VPN) access to connect to internal business systems.
License and Certifications:
- Texas Class “C” Driver’s license
- Must have the ability to earn certifications as required by assigned tasks.
To perform this job successfully, the employee should have:
- Understands the Mission, Vision, and Value of the agency, and directs work within these guiding principles and operational framework.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with co- workers, supervisors, and the general public.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions, and communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
- Ability to communicate or explain information clearly and recognize potential miscommunications.
- Knowledge of client service principles and practices and interviewing skills and techniques.
- Understanding of basic reading and writing skills.
- Skill in assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects, and demands with excellent problem solving and organizational skills while meeting established deadlines.
- Basic working knowledge of computer software including Microsoft Office with the ability to learn new software applications.
- Ability to work independently and in a team, and apply leadership, decision-making and conflict resolution skills.
- Skill in displaying understanding, tact, empathy and concern with interpersonal relationships.
- Skill in analyzing problems and determining appropriate courses of action.
- Ability to work with a diverse population.
- Ability to project a professional image at all times.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position. Daily movements include sitting; standing; operating computers and other office equipment; moving about the office; and attending onsite and offsite meetings. The employee must be able to communicate via email and verbally via telephone. The employee must occasionally transport up to 25 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Evening and weekend work may be required.
- Physical requirements include occasional lifting/carrying of 10-20 pounds.
- Visual acuity, speech and hearing, hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to operate a computer keyboard and basic office equipment.
- Subject to sitting, standing, reaching, walking, twisting and kneeling to perform the essential functions.
- Working conditions primarily inside an office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- High level of interaction with external/internal clients
- May be required to work at different properties or sites for interim periods to support business needs
- Outside environment
Subject to environmental elements when conducting visits to various sites or participating in outside events.
Employees of Labor on Demand Inc. are protected by federal laws, Presidential Executive Orders, and other laws designed to protect employees from discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit-based factor. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.
Employees of Labor on Demand Inc. are also protected against retaliation. Consistent with federal laws, acts of retaliation against an employee who engages in a protected activity whistle blowing, or the exercise of any appeal or grievance right provided by law will not be tolerated. Managers and supervisors of Labor on Demand Inc. are also reminded of their responsibility to prevent, document, and promptly correct harassing conduct in the workplace.
When applying, select branch "San Antonio - Piedras"