GLISS General Labor & Industrial Staffing Solutions is hiring for Maintenance II technicians for a local food production facility in McMinnville, Oregon. The maintenance II technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of a quality product every day.
Rotating scheduling and the flexibility to work all shifts as needed including the ability for overtime. 12 hour shifts - 3 days on 4 off, etc.
Day or Night shift 5am-5pm OR 5pm-5am
Pay: $25.00/hour Entry Level - $36.00/hour DOE
•Perform installations, and repairs on a wide variety of facility equipment fixtures and systems.
• Effectively communicate with production and mechanical teams regarding concerns, maintenance issues, and other mechanical needs.
• Maintain equipment and perform basic mechanical tasks to keep equipment in top operational condition.
• Perform electrical repairs and troubleshoot for the following: PLC controls, AC & DC motor controls, solid state motor controls, advanced circuits, and grounding, interpret diagrams and test equipment.
• Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment, and plant facilities.
• Assist in troubleshooting mechanical, electrical, hydraulic issues, pneumatics, and hydraulics.
• Perform daily inspections, scheduled maintenance, emergency repairs, and routine adjustments to machinery and facility.
• Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
• Inspect components of industrial equipment for accurate assembly and installation or for defects, such as loose connections or frayed wires.
• Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
• Diagnose problems, replace, or repair parts, test and adjust.
• Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance, carpentry functions, building and ground maintenance, Stainless steel fabrications.
• Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters, and material handling equipment in performing duties.
• Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
• Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
• Ability to complete assigned paperwork
• Understand and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) that pertain to your area
• Food Safety- Preventative Maintenance Program and perform work to comply with regulatory agency codes under general supervision
• May require cross-training on various positions
• Ability to notify management of any Food Safety issue.
• Ability to be aware of empowerment to act to resolve Food Safety Issues within the scope of work.
• Ability to follow Food Safety guidelines by conform to all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
• Basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
• Basic skills Office 365 skills
• Maintenance Program experience a plus
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in manufacturing facility.
• Ability to effectively communicate, in English, with and train fellow team members
• Able to work in a team environment
• Must be available to work any shift-including potential rotating schedules
• Must be available to work overtime hours if needed
• Ability to speak, read and write English fluently as it pertains to fulfilling job requirements
•Frequently required to talk, hear and communicate with others in English.
• Frequent sitting, walking, bending, and squatting. (up to 13 hours)
• Ability to sit and perform work on a computer or at a desk.
• Able to continually bend, stoop, twist, use arms, wrists and hands (including grasping and squeezing) throughout shift
• Able to occasionally kneel, reach above the shoulder, work at heights and climb steps
• Use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Able to maneuver full drums of chemicals using a dolly/fork lift for assistance
HOW TO APPLY:
•You can reach us directly by phone at 503-967-6246
•Email resume to: email@example.com
•Begin the first part of our application online at www.general-lbr.com
•Apply in person at:
3070 Lancaster Dr NE Salem, OR 97301
**please call to schedule an appointment prior to coming into the office**