San Diego, CA
The Functional Lead is responsible for wide variety of job responsibilities in all facets of the distribution center pertinent to their assign area of responsibility. Provides leadership and direction to assigned workforce in the functional work areas. Ensures workforce adheres to audit readiness requirements and associated contract requirements.
PWS C-1.3.2 CONTRACT REQUIREMENTS:
Responsible for overseeing day-to-day planning, implementation and problem-solving of a team in the performance of the team’s assignment. In addition to managing the activities of the team, Team Leaders also perform a variety of warehousing duties requiring an understanding of the establishment’s storage plan. Work involves most of the following: Verifying materials (or merchandise) against receiving documents, noting and reporting discrepancies and obvious damages; routing materials to prescribed storage locations; storing, stacking, or palletizing materials IAW prescribed storage methods; rearranging and taking inventory of stored materials; examining stored materials and reporting deterioration and damage; removing material from storage and preparing it for shipment. May operate hand or power trucks in performing warehousing duties. Uses WMS and other Government Data Systems resolving common error conditions, responds to computer output instructions or error conditions, following SOPs
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand and meet established productivity and quality control goals associated with assigned functional area / process.
- Understand and use the Government provided Warehouse Management System (WMS) and other Government Data Systems to perform the requirements of the Performance Work Statement (PWS).
- Follow established guidelines in performing day-to-day routine tasks as outlined in Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)/Job Breakdown sheets (JBS), Technical Manuals, and Audit Readiness standards.
- Understand the Acceptable Performance Levels (APL's) associated with assigned functional work areas / process and work expeditiously to meet contractual and team goals.
- Adhere to Government and Company policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and execute a minimum of three (3) of the Various aspects of storage management functions as assigned:
- Checking for damaged goods; insuring that goods are appropriately identified for routing within the facility, preparing and keeping records of goods received. Ensuring correct System induction utilizing WMS IAW established SOPs. Entering and Updating correct information to include Global Weight and cube for each item at time of receiving.
- Requisition Processing - Primary Responsibilities: Pick and Pack Customer requisitions/orders as generated by warehouse management system. Verifying picks and packs are accurate as compared to requisition documentation (NSN, quantity, and Condition Code).
- Transportation Preparation - Primary Responsibilities: Prepare and complete outbound process of requisitions/transshipments for transportation to include physical conformance of packaging, quantity, correct NSN, and proper staging Transportation / Shipping work areas. Ordering and filling SEAVANS
- Additional responsibilities include but not limited to completing bills of lading, customs forms, manifests and all other required shipping forms and paperwork, in accordance with the Defense Transportation Regulations (DTR).
- Generate (PPP&M) work order, execute packaging and labeling requirements to specifications and record all work performed IAW DLA SOPs and DLA process manuals.
- Ability to use MHE and other types of equipment as requires to move and stage materiel.
- Responsive communication to the Compliance Team (Inventory, Customer Service, and Quality Control) regarding any system discrepancies that cannot be resolved.
- Ability to use e-mail to receive and disseminate workload tasks and information.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with co-workers, site management and CGA regarding operations and policies at the Distribution Center.
- Maintain a safe and secure work environment.
- Make local deliveries as required to meet operational needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned in association with established Management and Contract Compliance Plan, Storage Plan and workload requirements.