IN A NUTSHELL
Do you enjoy creating a safe and operational work environment? The Facilities Mechanic role is responsible for
performing maintenance on a variety of systems in a safe and efficient manner, according to quality standards.
Your primary job responsibilities include ensuring safety while performing all assignments, conducting preventative
maintenance, troubleshooting down equipment and completing accurate department records, including but not
limited to: electrical, heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems (HVAC), pneumatics, plumbing and
IS THIS YOU?
• Can you problem-solve? You will diagnose failures of Facility related equipment such as HVAC, electrical,
plumbing, pneumatic and carpentry. This will entail disassembling, repairing and reassembling parts as
• Are you proactive and take initiative? You will be expected to routinely monitor and take individual action
to perform preventative maintenance on all facility related equipment such as HVAC, electrical, plumbing,
pneumatic and carpentry.
• Can you multitask and prioritize? This position is pertinent to maintaining Facility appearance and assisting
with day to day operations such as Help Desk requests, lighting, room set-up, painting, moving and
repairing work stations and furniture.
• Are you technically inclined? Part of the job includes working with computer instrumentation; i.e. using
desktop computers, hand-held computers and laptop computers for conducting preventative maintenance
and executing work orders. You will additionally be asked to order maintenance and repair supplies used in
facility mechanic work.
• Do you look for ways to continuously improve? On occasion, you will participate in Lean Manufacturing
events including Kaizen, 5S, Error Proofing and Root Cause Counter Measure (RCCM).
• Is safety of utmost importance? You will continuously participate and support the company Safety
WHAT YOU NEED
• High School Diploma or general education degree (GED); minimum 1-4 years related experience and
training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in electrical, HVAC or plumbing trade will
• General knowledge of mathematical concepts such as Algebra and Trigonometry.
• Ability to pass a basic facilities test.
• Certifications in electrical, HVAC, plumbing or similar trade is preferred but not required.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels within the organization.
• Strong ability to work in a team environment.
Suna provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants, with criminal histories, are considered in a manner that is consistent with local, state and federal laws.