San Diego, CA
We are looking for an experienced Accounts Payable Representative to work for a nationally recognized mortgage banking company in the San Diego area. In this position you will perform AP duties to include: employee expense reimbursement requests, processing/approving invoices, and check requests for specified regions.
If you meet the qualifications below and are comfortable working with a high number of invoices, then we are looking for you!
• Associate’s Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred; High School Diploma required
• 4+ years of experience in expense management, accounts payable, or accounting
• Intermediate to Advanced skills in Excel spreadsheets & formula's
• Concur Expense experience is a plus
• Review, process, and authorize invoices, check requests, and vendor payments, ensuring appropriate documentation and approvals have been submitted by corporate and branch.
• Work closely with branch and corporate employees to ensure correct payment and account coding.
• Evaluate check requests and invoices against policies and procedures to ensure compliance with internal controls; elevate exceptions.
• Verify payee information including address and payment information.
• Analyze and reconcile vendor, foreclosure, and pre-paid accounts; research and correct discrepancies.
• Oversee check printing process.
• Work with employees to validate receipts and documentation.
• Process payments made for appraisals.
• Prepare deposits for accounts receivable team
• Prepare and enter Journal Entries in system.
• Set up regional branches and cost centers in accounting systems.
• Respond to vendor inquiries regarding payments.
• Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
• Provide support to employees using Concur
• Perform other duties as assigned.