• Assist with installation and inspection of new sewer lines and services.
• Perform the installation, maintenance, and repair of the physical plant and pump stations and all their components.
• Assist in the performance of regular and unscheduled maintenance and repairs on all equipment and machinery.
• On call to respond to emergencies and breakdowns at the plant and pump stations.
• Conduct the necessary weekend checks of the treatment plant on a rotating basis.
• Perform all work in conformance to Occupational Safety and Health Act regulations.
• During the supervisors’ absence, act as the Departments’ representative to the public.
• Maintain open communications with the supervisors regarding the treatment process and pump stations operations and malfunctions, as well as make recommendations for repairs and improvements to these systems.
• Prior wastewater and/or plumbing experience.
• Ability to perform manual labor as needed in all weather.
• Must be able to drag 150 pounds.
• Ability to climb into and out of clarifiers, digesters, lift stations, etc.
• Must be able to withstand work environment of extreme temperatures
• Valid Drivers License
Hours: Monday - Friday, 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM.