As a Chemical Plant Operator Assistant you will have the opportunity to join a highly engaged team that takes pride in working safely and producing chemicals that are used to enhance the world around us such as emulsifiers, rosin and tall oil fatty acid (TOFA).
How you will impact the company:
- Follow Daily Operating Instructions
- Record relevant information in log sheets at end of the shift
- Keep Shift Facilitator, Supervisor, and/or area Engineers up-to-date on issues/concerns.
- Perform Lock Out Tag Out as necessary
- Ensure environmental permits are satisfied
- Keep work area clean
- Demonstrate math skills commensurate with the job requirements.
- Strong written and oral communication
- Ability to use computer
- Ability to think ahead and coordinate – be proactive
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time, ability to bend, and lift up to 50lbs as needed
- The hiring process includes a drug screen, criminal background check, and post offer physical prior to hire.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two or more years of industrial manufacturing experience OR two years of equivalent college training/technical certification OR any direct experience working at a chemical manufacturing facility in shipping or operations preferred.