We are currently looking for an Electric Motor Repair Technician for our Client in the Oakcliff Area.
Rate of pay: $18-$32 per hour DOE (plus overtime)
Schedule: Monday - Friday 6:30am-3:15pm or 7:45am-4:30pm with a 45 minute lunch. Shift will be discussed at the interview.
This is an air conditioned environment!
Job Description and Requirements
- Disassemble, clean and inspect AC and DC electric motors, pumps, gearboxes, generators and more
- Troubleshoot and diagnosis the repairs that need to be made, and the parts required for the repairs
- Perform incoming and outbound testing including visual inspection, meg ohm, surge test, voltage drop, rotor testing, armature testing, field coil and interpole testing, etc.
- Remove bearings from shafts and install new bearings
- Measure and record machined parts fits with micrometer
- Take pictures throughout the repair process
- Fill out required forms tracking repairs made and parts that are used for repair
- Troubleshooting, assembly and test running repaired equipment
- Ability to operate an overhead crane and drive a forklift
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- 3+ years’ experience required
- Willingness to work overtime as needed
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to provide your own tools
***Please choose Oakcliff Branch when applying
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.