Broken Arrow, OK
Position: 1st Shift Structural Assembler
Pay Rate/Range: $15 hour + DOE
The positions work to assemble products by positioning and installing components and subassemblies according to drawings and instructions. Using a variety of hand and power tools, fixtures, work instructions and test equipment that are needed to perform a series of operations to correctly assemble coolers.
As part of the team, employees are expected to support the company’s core values, safety, quality and attendance initiatives that help ensure we meet all our commitments to our customers. This position will perform the following duties to include, but not limited to:
- Conducts himself/herself in a considerate, professional, cooperative, and helpful manner toward fellow employees, customers, vendors and visitors.
- Helps improve individual and company performance through education and process improvement activities.
- Follows all safety policies and company-wide safety requirements; encourages action assuring safe behavior; confronts unsafe behavior and conditions proactively and positively.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Positions parts and subassemblies by reading blueprints and instructions.
- Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit.
- Operates power tools, weld (tig, stick or mig) and oxyacetylene torch to connect parts.
- Performs tube installation and rolling operations.
- Performs section hydro testing.
- Keeps equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions with Lead or Supervisor approval.
- Provides needed material(s) to various workstations and/or locations.
- Loads and unloads trucks, units, and parts.
- Reads blueprints or instructions for job specifications.
- Operates cut saw to cut raw material to specifications.
- Operates drill press and punch press to fabricate parts and subassemblies.
- Keeps equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; and troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Use precision measuring devices to check quality of work.
- Safely rigs structure and material for movement by overhead crane.
- Assists Team Leader or Manager with various tasks and training as needed.
- Cross-trains in other areas/departments as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean work area both during and at the end of each work shift.
High School or GED equivalent preferred. Candidates interested in company-sponsored GED program will be considered. You will have a respectful approach to working with others and prior experience with:
- Basic math skills required including the ability to read a tape measure.
- Prior manufacturing experience required.
- 1 year experience using mig/tig/stick welds and oxyacetylene torches required.
- Drill press machine or related experience required.
- Forklift operation certification preferred.
- Overhead crane experience required.
- Scissor Lift certification preferred.
Physical Requirements (lifting, climbing, standing, equipment and/or motor vehicle use). Lifting raw materials, assemblies, and equipment using lifts, or manually up to 50 lbs. Environmental Factors (hazardous materials, work location, work surfaces, exposure): Requires Steel Toed Boots.
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Shift/Schedule: Monday-Friday 1st Shift 5am-3:30pm plus required Saturday OT ½ days