Broken Arrow, OK
Position: 6G Pipe Welder
Pay Rate/Range: $22-$22.75 hour DOE
The welder will work in the fabrication of ASME certified spiral heat exchangers fabricated from carbon steel, stainless steel, duplex, nickel alloys, and titanium. The Welder, using prints and other documents will fabricate & weld using GMAW, GTAW, FCAW, SAW and SMAW processes. Must be able to perform x-ray quality welds in carbon steel, stainless steel, and duplex ss. All work is ASME certified and stamped. Must be able to pass ASME qualification for in 6G pipe test.
Perform fabrication, and welding operations in accordance with ASME and company standards.
- Must be able to perform quality weld joints in accordance with ASME pressure vessel code in carbon steel, stainless steel and duplex materials.
- Must be able to read prints, interpret weld symbols, read work instructions, and communicate in the English language.
- Perform liquid penetrant and other non-destructive testing as required.
- Is responsible to perform quality checks and continuously inspect their materials and production to ensure product is in conformance. Identifies and communicates any non-conforming products per SOP or applicable process.
High School or GED equivalent preferred. Candidates interested in company-sponsored GED program will be considered. You will have a respectful approach to working with others and prior experience with:
- Basic math skills required including the ability to read a tape measure.
- Prior manufacturing experience required.
- 1 year experience using mig/tig/stick welds and oxyacetylene torches required.
- Drill press machine or related experience required.
- Forklift operation certification preferred.
- Overhead crane experience required.
- Scissor Lift certification preferred.
Physical Requirements (lifting, climbing, standing, equipment and/or motor vehicle use). Lifting raw materials, assemblies, and equipment using lifts, or manually up to 50 lbs. Environmental Factors (hazardous materials, work location, work surfaces, exposure): Requires Steel Toed Boots.
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Shift/Schedule: Monday-Friday 1st Shift 5am-3:30pm plus required Saturday OT ½ days