Position: Electrical Technician
Pay Rate/Range: $20.00 - $25.00
Description: Demonstrate the ability to function as an effective team member and assist with equipment maintenance, troubleshooting, and testing using 3phase low voltage “120vac, 230vac, 480vac”. This person must be able to focus on team goals and objectives with a positive and enthusiastic approach to many different assignments. No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area (50 miles) of facility location will be considered.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Essential Job Functions:
- Support a philosophy of zero accidents by following all applicable safety procedures and maintaining equipment to operate in the safest way possible.
Requires a minimum of one year of related work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Assist with the day-to-day Operations of the Compressor Package Test Facility
- Make all Electrical and Mechanical Connections to Test a Compressor Package
Ability to calibrate and diagnose instrumentation.
Ability to calibrate and diagnose the Electrical & Mechanical Components of a Compressor Package.
- Maintain All Records of Units Tested Following Our Written Testing Protocol
Ability to read and understand Blueprints.
- Work closely with the Panel Assembly Tech. and the PLC Programmers
- Co-ordinate corrections or punch list items with shop manager and/or engineering.
- Assist in Wiring Compressor Skids when required.
Must have ability to wire single and 3phase low voltage “120vac, 230vac, 480vac”.
Good written/oral communication skills and interpersonal skills.
Knowledge of machines, tools, their uses benefits, and maintenance.
Ability to read level and tape measure with accuracy.
Ability to understand production (SOP/Work Instructions), procedures and safety.
Knowledge of inputs, outputs, raw materials, waste, quality control, assets, and techniques used for maximizing the manufacturing of products.
- Support Manufacturing Engineering on improvement projects.
- Support the efforts of Lean and Continuous Improvement teams.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures, and rules.
- Create and maintain a safe and sanitary working environment.
- Maintain a positive, team-oriented attitude.
- Flexibility to work hours necessary to meet plant requirement
- Good written/oral communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand production (SOP/Work Instructions), procedures and safety.
- Knowledge of inputs, outputs, raw materials, waste, quality control, assets, and techniques used for maximizing the manufacturing of products.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. • Ability to stand, sit and/or walk on a hard surface as well as safely bend, stoop, reach, climb steps and use ladder.
- Ability to reach overhead; have full range of mobility in upper and lower body.
- Repeat various motions with the wrists, hands and fingers.
- Ability to work in an uncontrolled climate environment (heat, cold, and humidity).
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds following safety procedures.
- Ability to push/pull 100 pounds following safety procedures.
- Vision abilities required: close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be physically able to meet post offer testing requirements.
Ability to work overtime and flexible schedule/shifts
Job Type: Temporary to full time
Day Shift: 6am to 2:30 pm Monday through Friday
Night Shift: 2:00 pm to 10:00 am Monday through Friday