New Bern, NC
This is a long term position (1+ years), working 40+ hours/week with OT available. Will work rotating shifts and drive off road - never leave the worksite.
- Operates tractor equipped with concave blade attached across front to gouge out, level, and distribute earth and to push trees and rocks from land, preparatory to constructing roads and leveling out land.
- Connects hydraulic hoses, belts, mechanical linkage, or power takeoff shaft to tractor to provide power to raise, lower, or tilt attachment.
- Moves levers to control tool bars, carriers, and disks.
- Moves levers and depresses pedals to maneuver tractor and raise, lower, and tilt attachment to clear right-of-way.
- Feels lever and listens for stalling action of engine to estimate depth of cut.
- Drives bulldozer in successive passes over terrain to raise or lower terrain to specified grade, following markings on grade stakes or hand signals.
- Greases, oils, and performs minor repairs on tractor, using grease gun, oilcans, and hand tools.
- When required to work to close tolerances, may be designated Fine-Grade-Bulldozer Operator.
- When operating bulldozer to loosen soil, may be designated Scarifier Operator.
- May be designated according to type of tractor operated as Crawler-Tractor Operator; Forest Fire Equipment Operator; or attachment added as Angledozer Operator.
- May operate bulldozer to scrape surface clay to determine existence and types of clay deposits or to gather clay into piles preparatory to removal to brick-and-tile manufacturing plant and be designated Scraper Operator.
- Must pass pre-employment criminal background check, motor vehicle check, and drug screen
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license
- Must have at least 2 years verifiable experience operating equipment
- Must have at least 2 years verifiable experience operating equipment.