Seeking Water Quality Maintenance Technician
Paid Weekly, Health Insurance Offered
***must have valid license with satisfactory record
***must pass background check and drug test
This position works Monday - Friday, 7:00am - 3:30pm, 40 hours per week.
Primary Job Function & Duties
This position will utilize maps to locate fire hydrants and water blow-offs in order to test for water quality issues. Electronic devices will be used to conduct tests on water samples taken from the hydrants and must be recorded by hand to a standardized form. Depending upon the water test results, the hydrant will often need to be flowed in a matter that doesn't jeopardize public safety or create property damage to yards or shrubbery. Will use laptop computer for data entry of test results from flushing and will have interaction with the public.
- Current Driver's license and clear driving record
- Must have legible handwriting and be able to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to work independently much of the time after initial training program
- Ability to read and interpret maps is a plus
- Computer/Data Entry Skills
- Communication/People Skills - will interact with the public daily
- Must pass pre-employment criminal background check, motor vehicle check, and drug screen
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Physical aspects require bending, standing, stooping, kneeling and walking
- High School Diploma or GED