Banner Personnel is looking to hire an Engineering Manager. This position is responsible for driving improvements in product quality, resolving production related customer complaints, improving productivity, optimizing costs, and supporting the introduction of new products at the site level.
The Production Engineering Manager will lead a team of production engineers, pilot plant staff and a controls system engineer. The Production Engineering Manager will collaborate with other site functional teams, as well as, the Production Engineering teams at the other global locations to drive production excellence, as well as, with Materials Engineering and Customer Facing Teams to resolve customer issues.
The Production Engineering Manager will be responsible for maintaining good relationships and teamwork with personnel from different cultures in other regions, as well as, with customers.
• Development of direct reports
• Meeting established goals and metrics with a major focus on quality and productivity.
• Collaborate/develop raw materials consumption plans with the materials engineering team as needed to ensure customer requirements are met.
• Resolving production related customer issue through identification of root cause, and completion of corrective and preventive actions
• Identifying, supporting and driving Six Sigma projects
• Drive Best-Practice sharing/transfer among other manufacturing sites
• Support NPI (New Product Introduction) working with Global Process Engineering.
• Support and drive timely completion of CapEx, SH&E, productivity, and cost optimization projects
• Monitor key metrics and develop/execute plan for improvement
• Support all corporate SH&E and Quality initiatives.
• Strong people and project management skills
• Strong knowledge and background in statistics, SPC/SQC, and Six Sigma with a working understanding of Measurement System Analysis
• Six sigma green belt; black belt preferred
• Effective communicator including strong presentation and project management skills
• Experienced and knowledgeable with Quality System, Process Control System, manufacturing and operation metrics.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills – capability to build relationships and drive activity.
• Experienced and knowledgeable with Project & Process Engineering in chemical industries.
• Basic understanding of CMP process and semiconductor customers is preferred
Experience: 8+ years of experience in the chemical, pharmaceutical, semiconductor industries plus background in chemical plant/process engineering or project management.
Education: BS Engineering or related technical field preferred.
Salary range is $90,000 - $110,000.