GOOSE CREEK, SC
Estimator - Fabrication
Reports To: Engineering Manager
SUMMARY Prepares the estimated costs to process laser cut parts, forming and fabrication so that sales and management can make business decisions on what the product should be sold for as well as evaluate capacity and capital constraints when the business is awarded.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following for associates. Other duties may be assigned.
• Evaluate product to be cost assessed with sales, engineering and design for feasibility to process parts and how the product is to be quoted to the customer.
• Work with Draftsmen, AutoCad, JobBoss, Inventor and Solidworks to develop cost estimates.
• Works with the management team to develop process flow, manning and cycle times, as required to prepare the quotation for Sales.
• Calculates the material weights and usages utilizing metric conversions for all the required processes.
• Determines and develops packaging and shipping costs as required.
• Prepares and qualifies the required capital, costs and amortization.
• Maintain on going costs for formulations and correlates data in the system.
• Assists plants with data entry from quotes into the system setting up BOMS and routers.
• Work in preparing costs and “what if cost” evaluations.
• Continuously evaluating cost estimating data and work sheet forms and make necessary changes as required.
• Support ISO initiatives.
• Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must have a minimum 5 years related working experience required in estimating steel plate fabrication.
• Experience in steel fabrication is required
• Must have outstanding leadership skills.
• Must have excellent management, organizational skills, analytical skills, and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Must have a high level to attention to details.
• Must have a great command of the English language both written and in spoken formats.
• Must be proficient in reading blue prints.
• Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related major from a four-year college or university; and five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of seven years of education and experience.
Ability to travel out of state as needed
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret bar graphs.
Ability to follow instructions, in a logical order, given in oral, written, or diagram form. Ability to apply quality standards against product and determine if defective and degree of defect. Ability to compile gathered information. Ability to solve practical problems with common sense.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk and hear or see. The associate is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The associate is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds independently and maneuver up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Exposure is frequent to moving mechanical parts, airborne particles - eye protection is required; fumes, machine vibration, and noisy conditions - hearing protection may be required; high temperatures; and occasional to a restricted space work area.