GOOSE CREEK, SC
Job Title: Welding Supervisor
Reports To: Director of Fabrication
FLSA Status: Salary-Exempt
Prepared By: Human Resources
SUMMARY Supervises and coordinates activities of fabrication workers engaged in expediting flow of material, parts and assemblies within the fabrication department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following for associates. Other duties may be assigned.
• Responsible for production requirements during shift. Specifically, the Supervisor is responsible for ensuring quality parts are produced according to work instructions, procedures, and completing the quantities efficiently required for the department.
• Performs job safely. Ensures personal safety and the safety of subordinates; understands how machines work and how to operate them safely; knowledge of emergency stops; and personal protective equipment in each work area.
• Confers with production or front office personnel to resolve problems affecting production schedules.
• Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow.
• Issues written and oral instructions.
• Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
• Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates.
• Maintains harmony among workers and works with Human Resources to resolve disputes. Promotes team work within department.
• Ensures that employees have all the required tools they need to do their job correctly, efficiently, and safely.
• Troubleshoot and determine corrective action for machinery and process flow when necessary.
• Working knowledge of all subordinate positions.
• Ensures all documentation is completed accurately and are turned in on time. In the event that this task is delegated, Supervisor must ensure that the task is completed accurately and timely.
• Provides direction and assistance in ISO9001 related activities.
• Ensures, with the help of H.R., fair treatment to all employees. Ensures that employees are at their work stations on time, are delegated the appropriate amount of work, take breaks and lunches on time, finish breaks and lunches on time and are fully occupied during the shift.
• Responsible for lean manufacturing principles in the fabrication department.
• Responsible for tracking production times for all jobs in their fabrication area.
• Responsible for tracking efficiency on the subordinates on their individual assigned jobs compared to the allotted quoted production time.
• Responsible for housekeeping in the department.
• Other duties as assigned.
This Job Description Does Not Constitute A Contract For Employment
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the shift. Directly supervises all non-supervisory personnel within the shift. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Requires a minimum of 7 years of supervisory experience.
• Requires the ability to fabricate and layout according to certification standards.
• Must be able to effectively instruct and evaluate welder/fitters performance to meet and exceed our customers’ expectations.
• Must be able to be certified for forklift and crane operations and maintain this certification annually.
• Must be able to effectively communicate with outside sources in written and verbal formats.
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 50lbs.
• Must be able to read blue prints and must know GD&T.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (Accounting B.S. or B.A.) from four-year college or university; or seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to travel out of state for training as needed
Ability to read, write and understand oral and written instructions, information gathered from meters, dials, calibrated scales, visual display units. Ability to receive and understand instructions via radio or phone. Ability to summarize verbal instructions.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret bar graphs.
Ability to follow instructions, in a logical order, given in oral, written, or diagram form. Ability to apply quality standards against product and determine if defective and degree of defect. Ability to compile gathered information. Ability to solve practical problems with common sense.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver Licenses
Forklift Certification (must pass certification upon hire and maintain annually)
Crane Certification (must pass certification upon hire and maintain annually)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This Job Description Does Not Constitute A Contract For Employment
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The associate is occasionally required to use hand to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds independently and maneuver up to 200 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Exposure is frequent to moving mechanical parts, airborne particles - eye protection is required, and fumes, machine vibration, and noisy conditions - hearing protection is required, high temperatures; and occasional to a restricted space work area.