GOOSE CREEK, SC
Controller / Director of Finance
$90k - 125k / year
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
FLSA Status: Salary/Exempt
SUMMARY Directs financial activities of the company by performing the following duties. Places safety and environmental issues as a priority at all times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Leads and directs an organization's accounting functions.
• Establishes and maintains the organization's overall accounting systems, procedures, and policies.
• Directs all analysis and reporting of financial information including budgets, planning, and required filings and reports.
• Develop and maintain departmental budgets with CFO.
• Presents findings and recommendations to management.
• Manages and administers all accounting operations of the company, including account receivables, account payables, inventory and other financial functions of the Company and its Affiliates.
• Responsible for the compilation and accuracy of financial reporting and ensuring GAAP compliance.
• Prepare monthly financial statements and quarterly reports required by lending institutions and review financial covenant compliance.
• Establish department goals to support operational initiatives.
• Develop, document, and provide for continuous improvement in accounting processes and procedures.
• Review and analyze financial results, identify variations and suggest improvements.
• Provide for a system of management cost reports.
• Ensure compliance with all Local, State, and Federal laws and statutes and other governmental regulations, which are directly applicable to the company.
• Prepare and compile information for tax returns to be submitted to the regulatory agency or to the external accounting firm.
• Work directly with external accounting firm in preparation of annual review.
• Prepare documentation and support other audit needs.
• Prepare reports required by regulatory agencies.
• Oversee and manage direct reports in the Finance Department.
• Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
KNOWLEGDE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• 5+ years of management experience
• Minimum of 5 years accounting experience preferably in the manufacturing sector
• Must be able to communicate effectively and possess professional interpersonal skills
• Must have an acceptable background and credit check
• Must be able to receive government security clearance
• Must be a U.S. citizen
• Must have proven ability and will be required to take initiative, to maintain confidentiality, to meet deadlines, and to work in a team environment.
• Must have excellent experience in PC-based computing (word processing - Microsoft Word, spreadsheet - Microsoft Excel, presentation - Microsoft PowerPoint, documentation, statistical software) is essential.
• Experience in JobBoss
• Must have knowledge and experience in accounting required compliancy and regulatory laws.
• Attention to details
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Requires a Bachelors degree in Accounting, Financial, or related field from an accredited college or university; and at least five (5) years related experience. MBA degree a plus.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Must possess strong math and analytical skills.
Requires analytical knowledge; ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret technical publications. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
CPA certification preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger; handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear. The associate is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are typical to standard office setting with moderate noise levels and high level of activity. The work will mostly be in a climate-controlled environment with occasional work in plant/manufacturing environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This Job Description Does Not Constitute A Contract For Employment
Management retains the right to add to, or change, the responsibilities and/or duties of this position at any time including the elimination of this position. The employee understands that his/her job description is for operational purposes and is not intended to be an employment contract.
I have reviewed and I understand the above Job Description and believe it to be accurate and complete, and I can successfully fulfill each duty or task. I also agree that Management retains the right to change this job description at any time.