Experienced rough & finish carpenters with previous construction experience needed for high-end custom home building. Responsibilities include framing, sheathing, siding, window installation, trim, operating saws, and machines. The perfect candidate will follow procedures, provide solutions when job site challenges emerge, take direction, and have a keen eye for detail.
• Proficient using tools such as chisels, saws, routers, drills, hammers, nailers
• Read and follow blueprints and adhere to building codes
• Cut materials to specified measurements
• Installs foundations, walls, floors, ceilings, and roofs using materials such as wood, steel, metal, concrete, plastics, and composites of multiple materials
• Fits and installs window frames, doors, door frames, door hardware, interior and exterior trim using a carpenter’s level, plumb bob, and laser levels
• Follows established safety rules and regulations and maintaining a safe and clean environment
• Operating saws, woodworking machines, hand tools, or power tools
• Assembles and fastens materials to make frameworks or props, using hand tools and wood screws, nails, dowel pins, or glue
• Removes damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repair or replace, using hand tools
• Inspects ceiling or floor tile, wall coverings, siding, glass, or woodwork to detect broken or damaged structures
• Moves necessary materials around the job site as assigned
• Job site cleanup
• All other duties as assigned
• Previous construction experience required
• Working knowledge of basic mathematics and geometry, including calculating angles
• Lumber and other building material knowledge
• Safely operate various power tools
• Able to lift and carry 50 lbs., using proper lifting techniques
• Able to push and pull 50 lbs.
• Able to work on uneven surfaces, climb up and down ladders and work at various heights
• Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
• Walk, stand, sit and bend for long periods of time throughout the shift
Job Type: Full-Time, M-F 8am-4pm
Call A2Z Personnel in Hamilton (406) 363-0723 or Stevensville (406) 777-1662 for information regarding this position or to ask about our benefits, which includes health coverage, retirement savings, and personal paid time off.
A2Z Personnel is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting a diverse workplace.
Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, political beliefs, or other characteristics unrelated to the skills and abilities required for job performance. The agency provides reasonable accommodations upon request to qualified individuals with disabilities during all phases of employment including the selection process. No applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
For more information view the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster and Americans with Disabilities Act Notice or visit: https://www.eeoc.gov/employees-job-applicants.