1 Resource Group is hiring for 2nd shift Machine Operator, our client is located on the Northwest side of Houston!
Sets up and operates machining centers that produce and clean finished parts to meet daily production requirements.
Equipment and Tools Used
- CNC/NC controlled machining centers.
- Shot blast machine.
- Overhead cranes.
- Amada and Mitsubishi lasers.
- Amada bending presses.
- Burn tables.
- Mazek machine.
- Channel machines and robots.
- Exposure to electrical hazards and hazards associated with gas cylinders, laser gas, and liquid oxygen.
- Metal dust from just collection system; caustic chemicals, fumes and gases.
- Moving machinery associated with auto loading/unloading system on Robots.
- Cuts resulting from metal plates with sharp edges and cutting heads.
- Non-climate controlled manufacturing plant environment.
- Independent mobility within plant and work area frequently.
- Standing/walking up to 6 hours. with occasional sitting, stooping and crouching up to 3 hours.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach and handle prod/equip. for up to 5 hours.
- Driving Forklift occasionally.
- Finger dexterity sufficient to handle large metal pieces and machine controls frequently.
- Hearing and talking sufficient to communicate with coworkers frequently.
- Visual acuity sufficient to inspect products, monitor machines and for safety in plant area.
- Lifting up to 60 lbs. occasionally.
- Push/pull up to 60 lbs. occasionally at waist level.
Required Knowledge / Skills / Experience / Certifications / Licenses
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate verbally in English.
- 1 year prior welding experience in manufacturing environment.
Desired Knowledge / Skills / Experience / Certifications / Licenses
- 1 year experience on NC/CNC machines including programming.
- Able to read blueprints.
- Experience with use of metric measuring equipment.
- Certified CNC/NC operator.
- Forklift and Overhead Crane Certificate of completion.
- CNC/NC controlled machining centers. Shot blast machine. Overhead cranes. Forklift. Computer. Amada and Mitsubishi lasers. Amada bending presses. Burn tables. Mazek machine. Channel machines and robots.