1 Resource Group is hiring for 2nd Shift Painters, our client is located on the Northwest side of Houston
Painter, 2nd Shift
Paint forklifts and parts utilizing airless, conventional and powder spray equipment in paint booth environment.
Equipment and Tools Used
- Airless, conventional and powder spray equipment.
- Paint conveyor system.
- Production type sandpaper wet or dry.
- Paint cleaning solvent.
- Orbital sanders.
- Low and high pressure paint tools.
- Impact and manual wrenches.
- Overhead cranes.
- Paint related material.
- Heavy moving equipment, overhead cranes, sparks and hot engine parts.
- Flammables such as fuels and solvent leaks.
- Hazards in paint booth include, back/arm injuries, abrasions, eye injury, & inhalation of toxic chemicals.
- Climate and non-climate controlled paint booth environment.
- Independent mobility within paint area frequently.
- Flexibility for frequent reaching to various heights and distances.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to handle tools and equipment.
- Visual acuity sufficient to differentiate between colors and shading and for safety in all plant areas.
- Hearing and talking sufficient to communicate with coworkers occasionally.
- Lift from chest to pallet height to 40 lbs. frequently and 60 lbs. occasionally.
- Push/pull up to 40 lbs. frequently and up to 60 lbs. occasionally.
- Finger dexterity sufficient to write and handle tape.
Required Knowledge / Skills / Experience / Certifications / Licenses
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate verbally in English.
- Good hand eye coordination skills.
- Ability to match or detect differences between colors.
- Ability to work with various painting equipment.
- 6 months production, auto shop painting, or similar experience.
This company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.