1 Resource Group is hiring Direct Hire Railcar Repairman / Blasters for our client that is in the Pasadena, Texas area. Benefits offered!
Job Summary & Core Responsibilities:
Apply a variety of protective coatings to interiors/exteriors and associated areas of freight cars.
- Clean, mask, prep and coat interior/exterior surfaces and associated areas of freight cars
- Remove any railcar parts that do not need to be blasted or painted
- Touch up coatings defects and make repairs as necessary
- Hydro Blast the exterior and interior of railcars of old paint, lining, rust, dirt, and grease using hand-controlled guns and hoses.
- Interpret job work orders to perform required repairs
- Coordinate and complete repairs in an efficient manner and within assigned hours
- Follow all safety rules and procedures
- Interact with crew members, leadmen and supervisors in a team environment
- Maintain work area in a clean and orderly manner
- Comply with the established safety policies and support continuing awareness for safety
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Experience / Skills / Qualifications:
- Knowledge of abrasive blast recovery system, blast hoses and nozzles, required blast PPE, blast profiles, blast grades and car switching operations using air tuggers.
- Must be able to climb and work from ladders, scaffolds, and work in confined spaces
- Eye-Hand coordination
- Attention to details
- Ability to work under tight time constraints, handle sensitive data, and mulit-task so that deadlines can be met
Required Education / Training / Certifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent is desired
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Prior coating experience is a plus
- TWIC Certified, Basic Plus
- Confined Space Awareness training
- Fit Tested for the Scott AV-2000
- Must be able to pass a Graded Background check
- Must be willing to work overtime