Battle Creek, MI
1 Resource Group has partnered on a project in Battle Creek, Michigan! We are currently hiring for an experienced Construction Manager join our clients Management team!
Must be able to pass a safety clarence background.
The Construction Manager’s position is responsible for preliminary estimating, planning, managing, and executing the construction activities of the company to meet the quality, cost and schedule goals. The CM is responsible for Division 1 and Preconstruction submittal requirements. This includes the coordination and solicitation of labor, subcontractors, and materials necessary to accomplish the mission, this is not all inclusive. Construction Manager will be responsible for the completion of construction and maintenance projects as assigned by the leadership in a timely and efficient manner using contracting resources. They will support the Project Manager by creating a three- to eight-week look ahead schedule of activities with labor and resources allocated.
The CM will be highly organized, analytical, and meticulous with the ability to meet strict deadlines. The idea candidate is self-directed, results-oriented and able to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, continually changing environment. They will work with the Project Manager in creating and updating work plans, project tracking reports, budget reports, safety reports, and quality control reports. The CM will oversee the project activities and be responsible for performing all activities within proposed budgets and schedules defined by the project and project manager. The CM will take pictures, and check for completeness and quality of the finished product for tracking of daily activities, be responsible for conducting daily reports for completed work and delays encountered, materials delivered, etc. The CM will be responsible for subcontractor quality, scheduling, production, and tracking.
Responsibilities include supporting the preparation of scope of work for subcontractors, project buyouts, change orders, understanding of project specifications, and construction methods. Also included are review of design for construction feasibility, inspection of work for quality and specification conformity, scheduling and taking and issuing clearances and change orders. The Construction Manager will coordinate priorities and timely project completion with the Program Managers/Project Manager.
The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate and work effectively with business and technical managers at all levels of the organization. This position requires the ability to work with minimal oversight but willing to follow directions and adhere to corporate, project, safety and construction industry standards closely.
EXPECTATIONS OF ALL TEAM MEMBERS:
- Reflect values:
- Dedicated to our customer and our shareholder
- Respectful to our fellow employees and work environment
- Ethical in our business practices
- Accountable in our obligation to the Company and Customers
- Mission focused on the Company and our Customer’s mission
- Demonstrate completion of mandatory education, including confidentiality, and safety procedures, as well as completion of any job - or department-specific license, certification, registration, or training.
- Demonstrate professionalism in working with customers and other team members.
- For safety purposes, English language proficiency is required in speaking, reading and writing.
- Maintain current knowledge of and follow policies and procedures.
- Understand, operate under, and strictly adhere to all safety/quality guidelines, initiatives, and trainings.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance and make available in the event of overtime demands and demonstrate good stewardship of company resources, including time and materials.
- Work in a team environment, interacting positively and effectively communicating with team members and customers from diverse backgrounds.
Other: Nothing in this job description restricts right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. is a smoke-free, drug-free environment for the safety and health of our fellow employees, visitors, and customers. practices a Tribal Preference in hiring decisions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/WHY THIS JOB EXISTS
Approx. %of Time doing this function
CORE JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Licenses/ Certification/ Registration
Special knowledge, skills, & abilities
- Supervises the following roles: Foreman, Hourly Employees
Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Requires out-of-area travel from time to time based on business need.
- Must have aptitude and willingness to perform in any weather conditions, and for long hours.
- When working on site, will be required to wear common protective or safety equipment, such as safety vest, hard hat, and possible full-body harnesses.
- Readiness to perform duties in all weather conditions including extreme cold, heat and inclement weather while exposed to constant sounds.
- Will be exposed to construction materials such as gasoline, diesel, oil, noise, and other wastes.
- construction Manager