- Maintains adequate parts inventory for machines in area of responsibility. Reorders as necessary.
- Maintains a research cross-reference file to correctly identify parts. Obtains prices on special parts and assemblies from the Research Analyst at headquarters office.
- Furnishes customers with recommended parts inventory. Trains customers in the use of parts catalogs and PSO cards.
- Keeps record of all parts assigned to field service mechanics and ensures all unused parts for a specific job are returned to inventory.
- Expedites daily parts shipments. Expedites delivery on emergency or back-order items to accommodate customer.
- Handles warranty claims and follows through to completion.
- Assists supervisor in proper storage and disposal of EPA controlled waste.
- Responsible for conducting monthly 5S / safety audit and ensuring that corrective actions are completed.
- Supervises service center in absence of Service Center Manager.
- Works with customers and Field Service Mechanics to identify required maintenance.
- Advises customers on necessary/suggested services.
- Computes cost of replacement parts and labor to restore lift truck to condition specified by customer.
- Estimates cost of mechanical, electrical, or other repairs. Enters itemized estimate on service order and explains estimate to customer.
- Processes parts and/or service sales orders in computer for invoicing.
- Ensures that all paperwork relevant to each lift truck folder is scanned and kept current.
- Keeps up with service personnel’s time and summits to corporate contact per company policy.
- Performs the duties of safety coordinator as assigned by the Corporate Safety Director.
- Maintains files and records of all company owned vehicles to include, drivers, insurance, truck expenses, recall notices, tags, location and maintenance on vehicles. Issues Purchase orders for repair and maintenance done to vehicles
- Audits all expenses/purchases for all service personnel at Service Center. Creates reports on service mechanic sales, call-in sales, and expenses.
Payscale: 25.00- $26.00 hr
- parts sales, customer service, Heavy equipment parts