Our client, who specialized in heavy duty equipment and generators are in need of a Shop Mechanic 1 to service their full fleet in Odessa, TX. This is a direct hire position with competitive benefits offered!
- Inspect automobiles, trucks, and equipment to determine the extent of repairs.
- Perform needed repairs on gasoline, diesel, and propane engines with minimal instruction.
- Inspect, adjust, and repair components as needed.
- Repair cooling, fuel, electrical, and exhaust systems using diagnostic tools.
- Perform preventative maintenance as needed to improve condition and performance of the fleet.
- Operate equipment to troubleshoot and test equipment as needed.
- Maintain records of all maintenance performed.
- Clean and maintain Garage area as needed.
- Other related duties as required.
Be knowledgeable with the following:
- The methods, materials, equipment and tools used in vehicle maintenance and repair.
- Various mechanical systems of gasoline and diesel engines.
- Various electrical systems of gasoline and diesel engines.
- Standard practices, tools and equipment of the automotive and equipment mechanical trade.
- Principles and practices of gasoline and diesel engine repairs and maintenance.
- Familiarity with a variety of hand and powered shop tools
- Occupational hazards and standard safety procedures.
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal and written instructions and communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers and others with whom he will have contact.
Education and/or Experience:
- Attendance at a vocational school in auto mechanics and background experience working as an auto mechanic. Sufficient experience may be substituted for vocational school attendance.
- Experience with repairs of large trucks, forklifts, and heavy equipment a plus.
- High School diploma or GED
- Mechanic: Fleet Mechanic: Diesel engines: gas powered engines