Our client, who specialized is heavy duty equipment service and repairs have Direct Hire needs in Bessemer, AL for a Fleet Mechanic 1 with preventative maintenance experience on full fleet service.
Great company with competitive benefits offered!
Vocational training and formal schooling are a plus!
To provide inspection, preventive maintenance, and repair of an entire fleet of vehicles such as automobiles, small and large trucks, 18 wheelers, forklifts, and heavy equipment.
The fleet consists of approximately 350 vehicles to include automobiles, small and large trucks, 18 wheelers, forklifts, and heavy equipment.
Nature and Scope:
The Mechanic Level I will:
- inspect automobiles, trucks, 18 wheelers, flatbed trucks, heavy equipment, and other vehicles to determine the extent of needed repairs.
- Must know how to use diagnostic equipment to troubleshoot and test to arrive at a correct diagnosis.
- Once determination of problem is made, the Mechanic I will schedule and, with minimal instruction, perform the work necessary to affect such repairs, which may include working on gasoline, diesel, and propane engines, repair cooling, fuel, electrical, and exhaust systems using diagnostic tools as needed.
- Perform preventative maintenance as needed to improve the condition and performance of the fleet. The Mechanic I will maintain records of all maintenance performed.
- Consult with the Mechanic II or Supervisor if problems are encountered that require more expert analysis.
- Keep work area clean and maintain the Garage area as needed. As requested by supervisor, incumbent may perform other related duties.
- Inspect automobiles, trucks, and equipment to determine the extent of repairs.
- Perform needed repairs on gasoline, diesel, and propane engines with minimal instruction.
- Inspect, adjust, and repair components as needed.
- Repair cooling, fuel, electrical, and exhaust systems using diagnostic tools.
- Perform preventative maintenance as needed to improve condition and performance of the fleet.
- Operate equipment to troubleshoot and test equipment as needed.
- Maintain records of all maintenance performed.
- Clean and maintain Garage area as needed.
- Other related duties as required.
Be knowledgeable with the following:
- The methods, materials, equipment, and tools used in vehicle maintenance and repair.
- Various mechanical systems of gasoline and diesel engines.
- Various electrical systems of gasoline and diesel engines.
- Standard practices, tools, and equipment of the automotive and equipment mechanical trade.
- Principles and practices of gasoline and diesel engine repairs and maintenance.
- Familiarity with a variety of hand and powered shop tools
- Occupational hazards and standard safety procedures.
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal and written instructions and communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers and others with whom he will have contact.
Education and/or Experience:
- Attendance at a vocational school in auto mechanics and background experience working as an auto mechanic. Sufficient experience may be substituted for vocational school attendance.
- Experience with repairs of large trucks, forklifts, and heavy equipment a plus.
Automotive Industry, Preventative Maintenance, Heavy Equipment Mechanic, Fleet Mechanic
- High School Diploma
- Diesel Engine, Mechanic, Preventative Maintenance, Generator, Forklift, Heavy Wheel Truck